Hosting a Galentine's Day Party
There's so much to celebrate in February. Black History Month, President's Day, an early Spring or 6 more weeks of Winter, and obviously Valentine's Day. However if you are like me and you love the show Parks and Recreation, as well as your best girlfriends, then you know that Galentine's Day, a day devoted to celebrating sisterhood, is one of the best days of the year.
The last two years my friends and I have celebrated Galentine's Day with a potluck. It's a great way to get everyone involved and takes a lot of the pressure of preparing food off the hostess.
A great Galentine's Day party should have:
- Drinks (if that's your thing), there are lots of cute Galentine inspired cocktail ideas.
- Fun games to play (Heads Up, Cards Against Humanity, Catch Phrase)
- Pink & Red decor and anything heart shaped are also optional, I personally love those red heart balloons.
- The "original" Galentine's Day was celebrated with a brunch, which I think would also be a fun way to get together with friends, plus you get to have mimosas!
- Most important your best girlfriends! This is all about celebrating female friendship, so whether you throw a huge soirée, or just get together with a couple of close friends, sisterhood is what this day is all about!
Do you and your girlfriends celebrate Galentine's Day together? To get ideas for you own Galentine's Day Party you can check out my Galentine's Day Pinterst Board. You can share below the ways you celebrate Valentine's Day or Galentine's Day or find me on Facebook, Instagram or email.
Thank you so much for visiting!
Photo Credit: Courtney Williams Nichol, Laila DeSouza