Week in Review: March 31st
A weekly playlist of my favorite songs.
Style & Beauty Finds
1. Moon River Must Dress - As I get older, I am starting to appreciate the color yellow a lot more, and I have been on the hunt for a pretty yellow dress, especially after seeing my blogger I'm loving for this week, (down below), rock so many awesome yellow pieces!
2. bareMinerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lip Color (Swag) - I love bareMinerals Gen Nude lipstick and wear my nude shade (Scandal) almost daily. It's the perfect touch of glam when you don't want to get too dressed up, but want a bit of polish.
3. Cluse La Bohème Watch - I like the classic style that this watch offers with the tan leather strap, it's timeless (pun intended), and can be worn for years to come!
4. Blank NYC White Vegan Leather Floral Embroidered Jacket - Embroidered (Faux) leather jackets are still a Spring favorite of mine! I feel like this white number is bright and more appropriate for the coming sunny days.
5. Sam Edelman Yaro Dress Sandal - Still a huge fan of the Yaro dress sandals and I can't get over all the different colors that they come in! I love the pattern and color of this pair!
6. Michael Todd Soniclear Petite - As a previous Clarisonic Mia 2 user, I was a bit hesitant about switching over to a new cleansing brush but after reading reviews for Michael Todd's Soniclear I took the plunge during a recent sale. I am hooked on this device however, and it's now a normal part of my beauty routine. Compared to the Mia, this device is cheaper, doesn't require a constant change of the brush head four times a year (which would end up being $30+ every few months!) The Soniclear's antimicrobial brush stays fresh longer, only requiring you to change it twice a year! The battery life for the Soniclear is amazing, requiring charging only a couple of times a month. Also Michael Todd's customer service is fantastic, with responses to any questions within a couple of hours. I will do a proper review later on but I definitely recommend this cleansing brush! Click below for 20% off your order!
Articles From Around the Internet
ForHarriet - Nobody Wants to be an Immigrant
Bitch Media - Five Podcasts That Center Trans Voices
The Washington Post - Pence’s Unwillingness to be Alone with a Woman is a Symptom of a Bigger Problem
Big Little Lies - I binge watched this mini-series this past week, just in time for the season finale this Sunday! I am obsessed! Based on Liane Moriarty's novel of the same name, Big Little Lies explores the lives of the moms of Otter Bay Elementary School's first grade class. On the surface the show seems to be about catty, rich, white women in Monterey, California. Showcasing their swoon worthy houses right on the beach and their scramble to be known as the best mom in their small beach-town community. However this show has layers and every episode will have you sitting there after thinking about all that has happened. Big Little Lies deals with some heavy themes like rape, domestic abuse, blended families, the guilt of both working and stay-at-home mothers, and the relationships they have with themselves, their children, and their families. I think the portrayal of domestic abuse on this show, especially that of a highly educated, "perfect" woman, is important and powerful, because it shows the complexity and complicated dynamic at work in an abusive relationship.
Blogger I'm ❤️️ Loving
SimplyCyn- Here's the lovely lady I told you about that wears yellow (any every other color for that matter) like nobody's business! Seriously every single photo on Cynthia's website and instagram is exploding with color, and you can't help but smile as you browse her feed. Cynthia is a New York City based blogger, whose blog I started reading when it was titled, "Addicted 2 Etsy", and featured her unique finds from the popular online marketplace. Though her blog has evolved, (still featuring lots of goodies from Etsy!), her taste and style is still flawless! Plus her hair is serious GOALS. You can find Cynthia of SimplyCyn here and on instagram!
We're still settling in after our move, but I am spending some time this weekend exploring Detroit and hanging with my mom!